View Single Post
Old
06-26-2011, 09:49 PM
hockeyman001

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
I hope not, I really do not like it when prospects go the college route. This is not a sleight at Kreider or anyone who chooses that route, but I would prefer that our prospects develop in Juniors or professionally in Europe. I just think that development gets stunted in College Hockey.
For top forward prospects I would definitely agree with you. For players that project to be average or above average, or are defenseman, college can be a decent route to go. However I do feel that the college game does not develop the individual skills necessary for forwards to become elite players. It's still early in JVR's career, but I think the diverging paths between his career and, say, Patrick Kane's, is an excellent example of this.

As for St. Croix, he projects IMO as a "tweener" - not good enough to be top 6 in the NHL, not physical enough to be bottom 6, and probably a very good AHL player. But this pick has upside and he was ranked higher than he was drafted, so I can't really complain much here.

hockeyman001 is offline   Reply With Quote