View Single Post
Old
06-27-2011, 12:16 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 1000
I posted my scouting reports on a ton of other WHL picks all over HF boards, but never posted the Siemens one here....so here it is:

Quote:
#2 Duncan Siemens – D – Saskatoon Blades

- Siemens provides a unique blend of size, skating ability and toughness to the blueline. At 6’3 and around 200 pounds, he’s also already got pro size. The thing that sets Siemens apart from other blueliners his size is his skating ability. He’s got great top end speed, solid acceleration and good East-West mobility. He’s at his best when he’s jumping into the rush and creating offense by driving lanes. That skating also allows him to be a bit riskier as he can get back into position well. He’s a solid passer and is good starting a team’s transition. He does tend to over think things and can get himself in trouble by holding on to the puck too long in his own zone. Quicker decisions are big for him as he needs to rely more on his instincts. He doesn’t have a great shot and struggled at times on the Blades powerplay this year. His overall puck skills are an area he needs to work on if he wants to provide some offense at the next level. Overall he’s an imposing package that also shows strong leadership abilities. Ranking him ahead of McNeill was a tough call. Personally, I think Siemens has the ability to be a strong top 3 defenseman. To me, that’s more valuable than someone who will be a solid number 2 center.

NHL comparable: Ed Jovanovski

Top end potential: Top 3 defender

Pick prediction: Top 15
For the others, visit:

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.com/2...-part-two.html

My full account
My Avs-only account
R S is offline   Reply With Quote