View Single Post
Old
06-27-2011, 12:20 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
I don't know how to approach this, really. I have lists of players I would have taken instead (and had some players ranked much higher/lower on my list, so hard to tell who would have been available when), but I liked some of Timmins' picks. Oh well, here goes.

17th: I personally might have gone Klefbom if I was looking for a defenseman, but admit that Beaulieu was pretty much the "BPA". Knowing what I know now, though, I would have traded down to around 27/28 and chosen from Jensen or Phillips, on top of likely getting extra picks from the trade.

96th: Didier is growing on me as a pick. Reilly, Boucher, Labate, and Hoffman were guys on my radar, though.

107th: I don't know what to make of Archambault. I remember when he was the hottest thing since sliced bread entering the Q... and then... underwhelming rookie year, and just satisfactory sophmore year. And he still needs lots of strength and size to play in the AHL, let alone the NHL. It was around this point that I was starting to wonder where all the Russians were. I might have gone Shalunov, Arzamastsev, or something. Maybe even Noebels, Ferlin, or Ambroz at that point.

112: Love the Nygren pick. I wouldn't have done it, but then again I wouldn't think of using a draft pick on a 20/21 year old.

137: Almost no opinion on Dietz as far as good/bad pick. All I can say, is that at that point I still saw Shaw, Lowry, Karlsson, Friberg, and Nesterov on the board... I might have even taken Stransky this high. I like that guy's chances a LOT.

167: Love the Pribyl pick. I commented on him when he was taken before I could get him in our mock draft. I saved Korim for my 7th round shot in the dark, but I really wanted Pribyl. I dug into the Czech and Slovak leagues like crazy this year, and Pribyl is one of the gems.

197: Basically anyone but Sullivan, lol. But it's the 7th round, so who cares, right? Seriously though, there were a LOT of players that didn't even get drafted that I would have personally taken instead here. Stastny (high on him since LAST year), Benson, Le Sieur, Berglind, Zaytsev, Komarek, "the other" Forsberg, Yarullin, Hrivik, even Machovsky or Conz... so many names to choose from without choosing ANOTHER RHS defenseman, let alone one from the American high school system.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote