View Single Post
Old
06-27-2011, 12:24 AM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
well I think Laich can fill that defensive forward need for the 3rd line and can play center or wing. Can Schenn fill that need at center? I dont know. Right now we are pretty weak down the middle. Laich would take care of that.
Schenn will have a cap hit of 3 million this season. Its the reason I want Laich. You know what you are going to get with him. We dont know what we are going to get with Schenn yet. Escpecially defensively which is what we need.
I'm more and more inclined to go with this thought as well. Schenn might be ready to play in the NHL, but it's a lot more questionable if he is ready to play as a 3M dollar guy.

Laich would be great on this team, no doubt. I said this in one of all the threads about the off season, can't remember which right now, if we keep Schenn up we likely can add one more forward in the 2.5-3M range, but if we give Schenn one year in the AHL we could perhaps add Laich and someone else for around 1.5M (I'd like Eaves... should be a little cheaper I think as well). That still leaves money for a replacement for O'Donnell on defense.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote