View Single Post
Old
06-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Since you guys have areas designated to scalpers, and a set limit of how much they can go over... I'm assuming it would be harder to find a good deal on something like StubHub, no? I'm looking at going to a game this year, with no more Thrashers, but usually buy my out of town tickets on StubHub, or something similar. Last year when we went to Nashville, I was able to scoop up 3 tickets on SH about 10 rows from the glass, on the corner, for about $55/ticket... and that was a Saturday night against the Hawks and a sell out.
Our stubhub selection is usually pretty limited to scalpers who have been grandfathered into having season tickets in our Upper Goal Zone and a few regular priced tickets scattered throughout the rest of the arena. You'll see 50 listings, and 40+ will be in the UGZ, with folks trying to get $30-40 for a $15-25 ticket. Occasionally on the day of the game you will see those listings drop significantly to under 10 when they realize it's that or nothing. it's worth looking at Stubhub on a game-by-game basis to see if there's a deal out there though. you'll also occasionally find auctions on Ebay that end the day of the game for cheap, but that kind of thing works better for folks already in Raleigh.

Quote:
Also, how is traffic on a Friday? I've never been in the area, but since we'll be there all weekend, we'll probably be driving up Friday morning and arriving early in the evening. Do we need to plan to have extra time if we get stuck in a traffic jam, or should be not have to worry much about that?
I'd try to get in before 4 if possible, or else you can get stuck anywhere between a 25 mile section from Durham to Raleigh starting around exit 270 of I-40. It likely won't be stop and go, but you may be slowed down.