View Single Post
06-27-2011, 09:25 AM
HFBoards Sponsor
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Good info, thanks. Do you have a suggestion on where you prefer to sit when you go? I don't know why I never consider eBay, but I probably should. Also, if there is anyone here that is a STH that sells them, PM me and we can talk about it if you want. We're eyeing the two Friday night games (Nov 25th and Mar 30th), but not sure which one we're going to go to. Don't really want to go over Thanksgiving weekend, but was already planning a trip for the Hawks game on Mar 31st in Nash.

Sounds good. I can't imagine it is anything like Atlanta traffic, but had to confirm just to be safe.
Ray - as for where to sit, there's honestly not a bad seat in the RBC Center. I've sat in multiple sections in different areas of the upper and lower bowls and have had good sightlines from just about every seat. There are a few seats in the upper goal zone that are marked as "limited view" - in those cases there's a glass partition in your sightline that will *slightly* distort part of the ice. It's really no big deal, though. I'll say from experience that seats at the corners seem to be a little narrower than seats at the ends. In terms of finding tickets you can also take a look at the seat exchange the 'Canes run on Ticketmaster to let STHs resell their tickets. Prices tend to be a little pricier than StubHub though, so you're probably not going to have as much luck there.

As for driving up, I imagine you'd take I-85 up from Atlanta - my advice here is to give yourself plenty of travel time as you'll be driving through NC's 3 most populated areas - the Charlotte area, the Triad, and the Triangle. All three have the potential to have major traffic issues, though probably nothing as bad as what you'd find in Atlanta.