View Single Post
Old
06-27-2011, 08:50 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Ray - as for where to sit, there's honestly not a bad seat in the RBC Center. I've sat in multiple sections in different areas of the upper and lower bowls and have had good sightlines from just about every seat. There are a few seats in the upper goal zone that are marked as "limited view" - in those cases there's a glass partition in your sightline that will *slightly* distort part of the ice. It's really no big deal, though. I'll say from experience that seats at the corners seem to be a little narrower than seats at the ends. In terms of finding tickets you can also take a look at the seat exchange the 'Canes run on Ticketmaster to let STHs resell their tickets. Prices tend to be a little pricier than StubHub though, so you're probably not going to have as much luck there.

As for driving up, I imagine you'd take I-85 up from Atlanta - my advice here is to give yourself plenty of travel time as you'll be driving through NC's 3 most populated areas - the Charlotte area, the Triad, and the Triangle. All three have the potential to have major traffic issues, though probably nothing as bad as what you'd find in Atlanta.

Good to know. Being that I'm a Hawks fan first, we'll probably stick to something a little cheaper for when we go to your barn and save cash for better tickets for one of those games that we go to.

Gotcha. Well that's good to know, and yeah, I don't think the traffic could even rival here, but probably best to plan for some especially on a Friday.

If anyone has any bar suggestions, those would be welcome. Probably would just be looking for a place with a great burger, and good liquor selection with decent sized drinks. That was the one disappointed thing about Nashville, the drinks there were so small and the pours usually sucked.