Thread: Confirmed with Link: Muller going to coach Milwaukee
View Single Post
Old
06-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Tim Wallach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
If we get DeBoer.. will there be a lick of personality or energy behind the benches? How will the guys get pumped up?

Don't be fooled by what you saw on camera. At least here in Kitchener, DeBoer was one of the most intense/intimidating figures in the game. He had a mastery over his young charges that I have never seen before. They worked their butts off EVERY game and any issues were dealt with quickly, fairly and privately. I have never seen a better junior coach in my 30 years of following it.

Now, I know the NHL is a different ball game. Big contracts, less coach control, etc. But I do know DeBoer is a master tactician. In the 2008 OHL playoffs he out-coached Hartsburg so badly with in-game adjustments, matching and tweaks that I almost threw a white towel on the ice to spare the carnage.

What I'm saying is that I think DeBoer is an awesome hockey man who was somewhat hosed by a pathetic roster in Florida and we'd be lucky to have him.

Having said that, the strongest rumours I hear are that he'll sign on as an assistant with Detroit. And he has strong connections to that organization from years back, so it makes sense. He and Babcock would be a match made in heaven.

Tim Wallach is offline   Reply With Quote