View Single Post
Old
06-27-2011, 11:51 AM
mullichicken25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
boyle on the 2nd line... avery as a center... and dubinsky as our first line lw? our team would be in a lot of trouble if these lines were the case

the line that stuck out last season that will probably stick next year is avery-boyle-prust. it really clicked for us in the playoffs. it will be our 3rd or 4th line depending on the teams we play.

as for who we will put on the 1st line if we were able to get richards... it would most likely be ryan callahan. dubinsky does not have the talent needed to be on that line. callahan doesn't really either but he's got more than dubinsky. it is also a respect thing and if callahan is our next captain (which is most likely) he will likely be placed on the 1st line at least to begin the year.

as for wolski, i think he will be bought out. we have cheaper, home grown prospects, who project to be more of an asset for our team than wolski (grachev, thomas). *edit* yea nevermind, i didn't realize grachev was traded... oops.

stepan is likely going to be our 2nd line center. unless he doesn't improve on faceoffs and anisimov improves significantly (not saying he necessarily needs to improve a lot, although there is always room for improvement) i can't see him not being on the 2nd line.
a number of things:

first, i never remember avery-boyle-prust sticking out...i remember fed-boyle-prust sticking out and avery getting bounced around the lineup as well as healthy scratched

second, im reasonablly certain avery has played center in the past

third, i think you're the first person i've ever seen claim cally is more talented than dubi...also im not sure how putting last year's goal and assist leader on the first line is such an outlandish idea

fourth, any respect that is shown by starting cally on the first line because of the letter on the front of his jersey is imediately lost when he gets demoted

5th, cally's a rw...hence him and dubinsky were on the same line

6th, asuming stepan will be above AA on the even strength depth chart is bit pre-mature to say the least...i'd actually be more surprised (assuming richards is signed) if he's not on the 3rd line

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote