View Single Post
Old
06-27-2011, 02:23 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
It's hard to underrate a player that only shows up to play 1 out of every in 4 games. 75% of the games he plays, it's like being shorthanded when he's on the ice because he doesn't do anything. I hope to never see him in a Rangers jersey again. No denying his talent, but he doesn't care, so he doesn't belong here.

The Prospal-Kovalev comparison is silly (although I'd bring back Kovalev, because Kovalev is still a better passer and playmaker than 95% of the players in the league today, if not more, and while he also doesn't care, he at least seems to try hard when playing with good players in important situations). Prospal scored 23 points in 29 games on a terrible offensive team missing its best all-around forward and probably second or third best offensive player, and this was after he missed the entire season and barely skated before beginning play.
I really don't think it's that he doesn't care, I just think it's that he knows how good he is and when he's given NO role, he goes into hibernation. Totally understandable and I'm on his side. We should've used him more. Also, I think a player should allowed to have a couple bad ones without beign totally denounced.
Gaborik, Avery, and Wolski fall under the "headcase" category, but I think all three should have their needs met as they would be highly successful.

I wasn't comparing Kovalev to Prospal, I as comparing one player with no legs to another when talking use of their hands.
I take Kovalev back anyday, best hands ever (AINEC).

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote