Thread: Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #2
View Single Post
Old
06-27-2011, 02:15 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Went with McD based simply on how much he impressed me last year. I think there's more there. Based on what I've read about Erixon, he has as much upside, perhaps a bit more - but it's real close. As a result, in this case I did go with the guy who's taken the next step.

Add Fasth. While I really like Hagelin, he tops out as a 3rd liner and MAYBE a 2nd liner, whereas Fasth has legitimate top line upside (granted, odds are still low at this point) if he continues his tremendous progression over the last 18 or so months. My guess (strictly a guess) is that his development in particular is what made Horak expendable.

As to JAM, I would be inclined to add him as players who get AHL contracts tend to sign with the teams that give them to them if those teams want to sign them. In fact, I've often wondered if those AHL contracts include a right of first refusal or some other clause that gives the parent team an advantage in signing guys on AHL deals - or if it's a gentleman's agreement or simply sheer gratitude that leads to this phenomenon. Anyone know?

Having said all of the above, if there's a HF rule on whether these guys are in or out as prospects, I'm happy to follow that too. Unfortunately I think this may fall under the last sentence of the HF definition ("NOTE: These are general guidelines and should be followed the majority of the time but certain players may still be listed as prospects if circumstances warrant").

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote