View Single Post
Old
10-19-2003, 05:14 AM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Just want to say it's pretty amazing/funny that NOBODY talked about Koivu's return before that game, like he wasn't part of this team anymore, some people going to the extreme point of suggesting we should trade him, and now everybody talks about who we should play with him on the first line. I don't want to be rude and this is not directed toward the majority of fans, but Jesus Christ it's pretty sad to see that bipolar attitude whether we win or lose.
You are generalizing. Some people here, including me, had noticed we were less and less dominant every game since last Saturday. The whole team was not playing Julien's defensive system as well as it had been played against the Leafs, we had less scoring opportunities, and mostly everyone showed no urge to win, at some time causing stupid penalties resulting into goals. I'm talking for myself here, I NEVER said we weren't in need of Koivu... he's the soul of this team, both on and off the ice. He's the one who sets up the plays, and gives his linemates confidence.

I have no idea of who you are reffering to when talking about Koivu trade proposals, never heard or read about these. Let's hope he's back in the line up on Monday though, because the way I saw it tonight, we would have been killed by any top-end team. This defensive system in the neutral zone (the trap) is not being respected.