View Single Post
Old
06-27-2011, 03:02 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Regarding Philly, I'm in the camp that thinks they're actually going to be a better team this year. Being a better team isn't all about what's on paper. It's about how the team is in terms of balance and overall.

It relies heavily on Bryz who is one of my fave goalies, I think he'll do just fine. With the goalie improvement and some good players and prospects for the future I think they'll be fine. Simmonds is a perfect Phillidelphia type of player. Schenn will likely one day be awesome. Same with Couturier. I think they're banking on Pronger playing well for at least another few seasons.

Philly tried the whole "win it now" strategy and tried trading for players to put them over the top. Truth is it didn't work and part of the reason was they didn't have the goaltending to put them over the top when times of defensive injuries died occur. When you have a guy like Price he'll help you steal games even with guys like Markov injured. I think that Bobrovsky could have done the same had they given him a little more confidence and time. It's a shame really, Philly's goalie was in their back yard all along imo. I still think they'll be a good team though.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote