View Single Post
Old
06-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
I'm more surprised about Meckler. Surprised they kept them all, I thought they could have used the contract space.
There aren't any prospects that need to be signed immediately, plus the Kings currently have 42 players on the reserve list (including the RFAs), so they have plenty of space on the reserve to retain those players in Manchester and add to it without any restrictions. This also does not include 5 junior players, Toffoli, Berube, Vey, Weal and Deslauriers, as they are not considered pro players yet. Once they move up to the AHL, their contracts will count towards the reserve list.

Also, keep in mind that because they are qualified does not necessarily mean they will be under contract. Example being Johan Fransson who I don't anticipate being signed, but the Kings will retain his rights as a RFA playing in Europe. The same applies for Moller who won't be contracted by the Kings, is signed to play in Sweden and his rights will be retained by the organization. So you can knock off those two from the reserve list and the Kings now have 40 players on their reserve.