View Single Post
Old
06-27-2011, 03:59 PM
infidelappel*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Yes but you could also argue that our offense was more than good enough last season.

That being said, goaltending was our biggest weakness. If you sacrifice a couple pieces of your deep offense in order to make your biggest weakness into a strength, it makes things very interesting.

I for one, am very excited and anxious for this season to get going. And it's the first year in a while where I'm really looking forward to just training camp in general.
Our offense wasn't great DEFENSIVELY as a whole group. It had a couple very strong pieces, but it definitely had its liabilities (see the HBL line, which was massacred by Boston...blame goalies all you want, but they weren't solely responsible).

I think Bryz is going to balance out a bit of that loss, but since our Cup run we lost Lappy and Gagne - which I think played a big part in our issues last year - and now we've lost Carter and Richards, who were clearly our best two-way forwards.

Having defensively weak forwards is problematic, no matter how good your blue line and goaltending are.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote