View Single Post
Old
06-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Chalfdiggity3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
That line would be way to soft and fragile, i cant see how anyone imagines that combination working. Maybe in a video game but even than. The games is won down low, between Gaborik and Wolski who is going to be doing the dirty work consistnely winnign battles, taking hits, and thereby making plays. Even Richards, how will get the puck in a spot to set someone up if someone else is not initiating contact, grabbing defenders and opening space i.e Dubi or even Avery. How can u watch hockey and not see this. What made Jagr line successfull is that Jagr knew to create space using his big body, he was comfortable with being leaned on and was strong enough to protect the puck. Straka although small was also a better puck protector than both Gaborik and W2. This is a big factor that allowed them puck possesion in the offensive zone to make plays, it does not just happen. Not to mention the timing, and space and chemistry they had. Realistically that line would be a failure.
Then you try someone else like you said like Boyle, Prust, Avery and so on. I dont believe putting Dubinsky on that line is a good idea. Yea it will make for one hell of a first line but then what does that mean for the rest of our lineup? It will lack balanced scoring AGAIN even with Richards. You need to spread out your scoring to 2-3 lines in order to get anywhere in the NHL. Keeping Dubinsky on the 2nd line with the Pack line, and actually having a 1st line will make us a MUCH MORE LETHAL team to play against bc then they will have to gameplan on defending not 1 but holy **** 2 lines lol.

Instead of fighting with each other, why dont we combine our two ideas and go with something like this..

Boyle Richards Gaborik
Dubi Anisimov Cally
Hagelin Stepan Feds
Prust Lindberg Avery

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote