View Single Post
Old
06-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You still haven't figured out that Plekanec is our first line center? He had 57pts this year (last year he had 70 btw). Just so you know, the Bruins top scorer had 62pts.

The 38pts from Gomez was also his worst career year. Expecting things to remain as bad for him isn't realistic.

Which unproven guys do we have on D? Subban? No. Gill? No. Markov? No. Gorges? No. Spacek? No. Weber? Perhaps, but he's likely to start as the 7th D anyways and he's progressed nicely over the past season. Emelin? Ya, he's the only one, and there's a very real possibility that he'll be playing in Russia instead of the NHL. If he doesn't, that means things are going well for him here, so no worries.
There's also a possibility that Gauthier will bring in another D from the open market.
So, I wouldn't say the D is going to have a couple young unproven guys. We could end up having one of the best defensive team in the East next year, especially if Price plays as well as he did last season.

Our offense needs to improve, and I'm sure Gauthier will bring in at least one new signing for the top 6. With MaxPac starting the year here, with DD-Eller-AK possibly as a third line, we could end up having a very solid offense as well.

Really, the only question mark about our team is health related. Other than that, there's no reason to doubt our potential.

There's always idiots like Marinaro that whine about how Eller should have played in the AHL simply because they're not seeing points on the stat sheets after the games.
But I was very impressed by Eller as the season progressed and even in the POs. I never knew he was so good at protecting the puck. I knew he had a good offensive flare, nice hands and not a pushover, but never realized how well he protects the puck.
His defensive game also improved over the season.
I'm very eager to see him play next year, hopefully his injury will not have affected his training so much.
I'm really hoping Martin puts him and AK together as I felt they had good chemistry along side one another. Throw DD between those two big guys and I can see them dominate their opposition on most nights.
If he nets 41 points, will that dismiss all the doubts about him? My friend, he has something to prove and if he can't rack up at least 60 he's stealing Molson's money.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote