View Single Post
Old
06-27-2011, 11:30 PM
CM PUNK

vCash: 500
honestly i don't think we have a true surplus at the moment. we obviously have the top 4 from last year...and then competing for jobs, erixon, valentenko and kundratek have to show they are ready and del zotto has to show that he refound his game...all 4 guys could still potentially benefit from time in hartford and its not unrealistic to think that any one of them might need more time...

if 2 of them are ready we have a full blueline. if 3 or 4 are ready then we have extras.

and even if all 4 are ready, having 2 guys in hartford biding their time to get a shot isn't alot. you need depth. we got lucky last year that with all our injuries they were all to the forwards. but there are years when you need 8, 9, 10 different dmen during the year.

obviously if the right deal presents itself then this is a position of strength that we can deal from but i don't think we are in a situation at the moment where we have to move someone just cause they don't all fit into imaginary line combos.

when they need waivers to go down or when they show they are too good for the ahl then it'll be time to move someone, but right now i say be patient and see how things play out cause good chance all 8 will be in ny at some point this year.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote