mcd
sauer
erixon
mdz
vtank
ktek
pashnin
mcilrath

10 guys. all have a shot too. somethings gotta give eventually. and what happens if we sign a veteran this year.

should be a ferocious battle in camp for those last few spots.

my take is this, if any of the new guys step up and play well, like a vtank or a ktek and mdz continues to struggle, i expect a move. lots of chips to be dealt here.

if we struggle to score again, i could see a package put together for a scoring forward.

wouldnt be surprised to see a dan girardi in play if erixon and vtank step up and become this years sauer/mcd. and certainly mdz would be in play, although another so-so season and his value drops considerably.

this whole defense thing will be interesting going forward.
I think its probably way too early to say we have a glut after the first day of prospects camp...I love McD but he hasn't even had a full season in the NHL. We don't know what MDZ we'll get. Big Mac who knows if he is ready to make the jump to the bigs. etc, etc...

I'm not on top of the options we have with some of these kids...who can go up and down without waivers, etc so I cannot comment on who would be at the top of the list in a potential deal.

What I think your post really highlights is how the dradfting/development for this team has improved by leaps and bounds from the dark days...now kids come up if/when they are ready or have earned a shot...no Dale Purintons in the bunch.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote