Thread: Prospect Info: 2011 Panthers Draft summary
View Single Post
Old
06-28-2011, 11:14 AM
PanthersRule96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
What there did I say that was out of line? The only reason Grimaldi wasn't a top 10 pick is because of his size. Jurco is not a top 10-15 talent, unless you consider stickhandling as all-encompassing skill. As far as everything else goes, yes Grimaldi blows him out of the water.

Also, the poster asked me what I thought. That's what I think. If you don't like it, then tough. I didn't make any concrete declarations.
Maybe he's referring to other people. Idk but even Fialkov and others here have been saying things like "if he were 6' tall, he'd have gone #1 overall." Those are pretty big exaggerations. He's a top 10 pick perhaps based off skill alone, but Huberdeau, Hopkins, and a couple other guys are pretty amazingly talented up at the top there. The hype thrown on Grimaldi has almost been more than of Huberdeau since the draft.

And btw, I watched some extended video of Huberdeau last night and this guy is EXACTLY what we need. I mentioned back in Feb or so that I thought he could be our guy but have been busy and not on here much. This guy is a stud with unbelievable vision and talent. I haven't been this excited about one of our first rounders in ages and this includes me being jacked up on Frolik in 06.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote