View Single Post
Old
06-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Jxmarts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
I'm higher on Kundratek than Pashnin. Tomas might have been Hartford's best and most consistent defenseman over the course of the season, even more so than Valentenko. Not a bad performance for a 21-year old. Now, is he a special player? Probably not. He could be a nice bottom pairing guy in a couple of years though.

Pashnin, I'm just not sold on. There's a difference between looking good in training and development camps and performing well in actual competitive games. His performance in the KHL was pretty "meh" from all reports, so I don't know why so many people are predicting that he steps in to make a difference in a vastly superior league in the next year or so.
The "buzz" from Pashnin's being the 1st overall pick in a meaningless supplemental KHL draft refuses to die. Yes, his performance in games that count has been unremarkable so far. Until he proves otherwise, I'd rate him no better than the gritty Vladimir Denisov who played a season for Hartford a few years ago.

McIlrath & Kundratek can certainly use more seasoning. MDZ, Erixon & Valentenko have yet to establish themselves as NHL regulars. That leaves 4 defensemen who are givens assuming McDonagh & Sauer don't experience a sophomore jinx. Even if we add a veteran, I don't see the urgent need to trade anyone.

Jxmarts is offline   Reply With Quote