Gomez trade in the works? LEGIT SOURCES ONLY
View Single Post
06-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Join Date: Jan 2008
Originally Posted by
So I ran a few numbers trying to figure out just how real this cap floor phenomenon is and came up with a few interesting teams that could maybe need someone's inflated salary.
Money need to get to floor:
1) Florida - $2.29M per player - 8 forwards needed
2) Colorado - $2.09M per player - 4 forwards needed
3) Phoenix - $2.09M per player - 4 forwards needed
4) New York - $1.92M per player - 4 forwards needed
5) Carolina - $1.56M per player - 7 forwards needed
6) Dallas - $1.60M per player - 2 forwards needed
Do you think it is more likely for a team like Carolina who covets team speed and needs to sign a bunch of forwards, or for a team like Dallas who already has forwards tied up and needs to send out a cheap contract and take in a big contract?
Am I setting myself up for disappointment by thinking that this could actually happen?
Contrary to the mentaily here, the Habs are not 100% looking to dump Gomez...it depends on the return and also what they can get to replace him. There are a few UFA options, but after Richards and Jokinen it's pretty thin at center. Connolly has lots of injury issues, Arnott is probably no longer a regular top 6, fits better as #3 center. Maybe the Habs can get Lecavalier as TB is desperate to shed salary...but Lecavalier has his own albatross contract, not sure it's worth it.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Monctonscout