View Single Post
Old
06-28-2011, 12:09 PM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
I think that acknowledging the gall that Philadelphia management showed here, and commenting on whether or not it was right, don't have to go hand in hand.

Obviously what they did is something that's extremely bold and potentially dangerous/rewarding. It all depends on how things turn out.

My only point is that there's no way on earth you can look immediately to next season, look at the players they acquired, the players they let go, and say that they got better.

Now granted stranger things have happened, and the idea of "team" and camaraderie and all that definitely play a role...one that might be intangible and that won't be known until the season progresses.

Still, numbers wise they got worse. And the supposed off ice issues that were such a big deal did nothing to stop the since departed players form taking this team away from 1 goal from the Stanley Cup.

That's what's mind boggling to me, and I don't understand how people can say this is a good move.

If the Flyers score the final goal against Chicago and win the Stanley Cup, are the off ice issues relevant still? No. It doesn't matter. They took this team to their first Cup in how many years?

But because Pat Kane scored the final goal and the Flyers came up on the other side of things, 12 months later everything must change. We need organizational shakeup. There's no way we can win with these players here.

IMO, I believe things got a little too personal in Flyer land. Whether it be Pronger, Laviolette, Holmgren, etc. Somewhere, someone along the line developed a type of vendetta. Someone became irritated.

While that is human nature, it's also not the most intelligent way to run things.

Simmonds and Schenn are not bad players. I get that .Voracek is not a bad player. JVR and Giroux have shown immense talent and potential to even improve that.

But when you look at what the Flyers got rid of, it's just something you don't do.

The whole thing is fascinating, but I for one hope they regress and fall flat on their face.

It shouldn't surprise anyone on HF however that there are so many who think this is great because "In 2-3 years the Flyers will be sooo sick ZOMG!"

This is HF Boards remember. Players like Schenn are more valuable than 40 goal scorers like Carter who are yesterday's news.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote