View Single Post
Old
10-19-2003, 07:46 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Like I said earlier, Montreal would not be looking to acquire Gauthier. Markov, Souray and Hainsey on the left side is more than that team needs to have a strong D corps. Adding Rivet, Brisebois, Quintal and Komisarek to the mix and I don't see why the Habs would be looking for a Dman as this is their strongest position along with goaltending.

Montreal is small and weak up front and can't score (don't let that strong start fool you). This is the #1 priority right now. If Calgary would ever be interested in Sundstrom, it would have to be for someone else, a forward. Not that Gauthier isn't enough value wise, quite the contrary, but there's no room whatsoever in Montreal for him.
Well, I agree with both you and Ozy Flame, and I tried to post a three way proposal involving Sundstrom, Gauthier and a third team that could desperately use a guy like Gauthier (the Hawks come to mind).

In my mind, if Sundstrom really has the kind of value that could interest the Flames to give up Gauthier (with additional consideration from the Habs, I would think), then the real question is: could Gauthier fetch a power forward-esque player from a third team.

For argument's sake, let's start the debate with Bell from the Hawks. Would Gauthier be enough to at least generate interest? How much more would Chicago want?