View Single Post
Old
06-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Bobby12345

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
Just for my own fun, my 2 cents..

The biggest issue with Gomez is not that he won't rebound, he will have more than last year for sure, and not that he takes the spot of whatever other center might be there. I think the biggest issue is that he is taking the spot of 7.35M worth of players, for the next 3 years. That could easily represent 2 players, which combined will produce much more than the 60 points a rebound for Gomez would produce.

We cannot - unfortunately - the player from his salary in a cap world and Gomez salary vs production ratio makes it hard not to think of how much better we could reinvest his cap hit elsewhere. For instance, would we be better off (I know he is signed) with Brooks Laich at 4.5M and Jason Arnott at 2M, with around 1M left from his cap hit to be spent elsewhere? I think we would be better off, be a deeper team and have more flexibility with his cap hit reinvested. I say he should be traded AND I think he will rebound to his previous year level.
Thing is, for now there's no 2 players who you could sign and get you more production for the same price...

UFA crop is ***** this year.