View Single Post
Old
06-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Chalfdiggity3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/rumors/p...urn=nhl-365728

I have no idea why I haven't seen anyone talk about this, but apparently back in February the Daily News learned that Redden may void his contract with the Rangers to become a free agent and attempt to find a home on an NHL team. Given that it's a guarantee that him and his cap hit are staying there, do you think he'll actually walk away from his contract to play at the NHL level again, albeit on a much lesser salary if he can even find a team.
Yes i do expect him to void his contract and make it in the nhl. I know everyone is hoping that it will be this season but im hoping he will do it next offseason. He has repeatedly stated that hockey isnt about the money but about playing in the best league possible. The AHL is not where he wants to be, he wants to play for the NHL and knows he will never get a chance with the Rangers again.

The reason why i stated that id rather next year than this year is because Redden being in the AHL really helped and mentored the young defense back there. I believe that Mcdonagh and Sauer both said that Redden really helped them to refine their game and be ready for the next step. Id really love it if he could continue to do that with Kundratek, V-Tank, and the new guys like McIlrath, Pashnin and Parlette.

We can fit Richards in without moving him and besides the rest of this free agent crop isnt looking to good with everyone resigning. Next year there should be a better group of free agents to go for. With Redden, Drury, Wolski, Avery, EC, and a couple others coming off the books, well have about 19m in cap space.

Only reason i would like to see Redden gone this season is if it enables us to sign Stamkos to an offer sheet at 9m per year. Hes very much worth that cap hit.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote