View Single Post
Old
06-28-2011, 05:36 PM
usernam

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan
I would not hesitate to trade 4 1st rounders for Stamkos. Not a second
Hard to say. Again, it's not in our philosophy to do so. It's fun to have a 21-year old superstar, but some people might argue that 4 1st rounders would/could make us a better, deeper team (If you think about it we could give the equivalent of Max Pac, Price, Kostitsyn and another 1st rounder). I understand the 4 picks could be Chipchura's, Fischer's, etc. But, being very confident in their scouting team, it's a risk the Habs never take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever alone
I think the FA crop next year is worse than this year in general. If we can get rid of Gomez's contract we should do it right now, but the results wont be immediate. We'd have to wait on Eller and Desharnais to fight it off. I'm not sure why people seem to believe that Martin has a vendetta against young players. The other option would be to sign Richards, but I wouldn't throw big money at him.
It's not a vendetta, but he hates rushing young players, Desharnais isn't ready for #2 C action IMO. Eller maybe, but I'd rather still have him on the 3rd line for another year.