View Single Post
Old
10-19-2003, 09:12 AM
OYLer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
momentai[/b]]Quite the contrast. Greg Millen is paired with Chris Cuthbert... one of the best play-by-play men IMO.
Thank you momentai for finding the positive. If I want good TV reception living in my HinterLand hovel as I do the only recourse is the satellite feed. Being delayed some 2 seconds or so if I listen to Rod Philips & Morley Scott I hear what is going to happen before I see it. My Computer isn't close enough to the TV to be able to co-ordinate the webcast feed from 630CHED, so I enjoy Cuthbert and suffer Millen.

I know Rod is a bit of a homer but he is a pretty good play-by-play guy as is evidenced by his nomination to the Hockey Hall of Fame. Morley's dry wit is a good fit with Rod's exuberant style. I also like the 'Nuck's radio play-by-play announcer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
oilers_guy_eddie[/b]]Canuck fans were calling him a huge Oiler homer after he said the calls on Staios and Niinimaa in that OT game were bogus. I think he's just an opinionated guy.
oilers_guy_eddie you are probably right, because missed calls that obvious make Mizral wince even in his delight. Millen, more than most, might be thicker, but he's not quite a blue ribbon gold Bricker.