Thread: Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #4
View Single Post
Old
06-28-2011, 11:12 PM
TheRedViper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
That's fine, but you can't tell me "it has nothing to do with shiny new toys", because a lot of Rangers fans and fans in general have that mentality. I'm sure there are plenty who don't and are judging prospects objectively the same way that you are, but there are still a lot of fairweather fans who are exactly what I described.

It explains why some posters have even penciled Thomas into our lineup (some even in the top 6) without him ever playing an AHL or NHL game, while leaving Zuccarello out of the lineup because he didn't put up Crosby-numbers in his first HALF season in North America. They're the same people who think Zuccarello is too small for the NHL, but Thomas isn't, because he's the newer, younger prospect who just put up huge numbers in the OHL (his 3rd OHL season, btw). I love Thomas as a prospect, but Zuccarello should be getting just as much if not more love around here, but he's practically old news to these fairweather types. It's just laughable, in my opinion. Then when Zuccarello breaks out, they'll all love him! "Homegrown! Always loved him! Wooo Zucc!!"
Okay, there is probably some, but it's not as if the entire vote is off due to "shiny new toy syndrome".

TheRedViper is offline   Reply With Quote