View Single Post
Old
06-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Kamzik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
I am pretty sure I would be all over the Capitals record book too. That isn't a huge accomplishment.
Then Phil, why aren't you? Of course it is a big accomplishment, and it will be a big accomplishment by Alexander Ovechkin when years from now he breaks those records.

Quote:
The World Championships are fine, but when you dominate a tournament that consists of the best players in the world either in the NHL playoffs or on the golf course it doesn't say much. If he dominated the 2002 Olympics, then we'll talk, but he didn't and he was awful in the postseason per his skill level.
If that is how you feel about the World Championships, then quite honestly you and I don't have a discussion. We see things so differently that we don't even have a starting point. If by the way World Championships count for naught, I'm not sure why Larionov is there or Tretiak, or why Makarov is currently under consideration. -added note, Slovakia was not able to use NHL players in the Olympics until Turin Italy in 2006 so that minimizes Bondra's impact as an Olympian.

Quote:
Being one-dimensional
It is about the 4th time you've written that, or that Bondra did nothing while not scoring. You didn't really respond to me pointing out he was for years on the Capitals first PK unit. Anyhow, every hockey player has three dimensions unless they are on TV in which case they only have two.

Last edited by Kamzik: 06-28-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote