Old
06-29-2011, 02:19 AM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blob Buster View Post
There certainly was a connection for Gionta, already having played and had success with Gomez. Maybe the money alone would have convinced Gionta to come, but he said getting Gomez helped convince him (and I have no doubts other team would have offered the same money). As for Cammalleri, he had similar offers from others teams (Leafs being one) and he preferred Montreal. There again, maybe the money alone would have made it, who knows?
I met Cammer at a banquet for the school he went to (friend was djing and called me). I had a chance to talk to him.
He told me he didn't sign for the leafs for 1 reason.
I'm paraphrasing what he said to me...
"I live in Toronto in the off season. I don't want to work where I live and seeing how the Habs have a rich history it was a no brainer. "

Believe me or not, but that's what he told me.
I also know a guy that is close friends with the Molsons and he told me pre-playoffs that they had a talk with him and told him that his play is unacceptable and he needs to pick it up and if he doesn't they have no choice but to force PG to deal him or face playing in the minors come Janurary 2012.

Winning is not the #1 thing. They want to win THEIR way.....even if it means they're handicapping themselves.