View Single Post
Old
06-29-2011, 06:39 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekay Zubban View Post
Boston was far from the best team these playoffs.
Boston won the Cup. I'm just being consequent here instead of blind hate. I hated when tons of people were saying that we won the Cup by mistake in 1993, that because we didn't face the best teams, we ended up winning. I hate those comments, we faced who we had to and that winning the Cup, is not about being the best. It's about being at your best, beating the odds, having the circumstances play in your favor, get the matchups you want, avoid injuries and all. If winning the Cup would always mean being the best based on the regular season, well might as well give it to the best team of the regular season. That's not what winning the Cup is all about. But in the end, when you win the Cup, you automatically become the best team, with everything that it means. They have some merit to have come back from 2-0 deficit and to have won 3 #7 games. Call them as you want, they have some merit. And while I always wanted to beat them, next year is more important than ever. 'Cause don't look but that team is building a great team for years to come. There's clearly a chance to repeat here. Great depth and a great prospect pool will permit them to maybe even improve. So there is a possibility that they become better than they were. Let just hope we adapt to it and react.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote