Thread: News Article: Cops to question chara?
View Single Post
Old
06-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStFX View Post
BUt it is that small portion of fans that have pushed it this far. I'm not grouping everyone together. I'm just stating the fact that it is at the hands of this small grouping of Habs fans. I now the majority of Habs fans think it is ridiculous, but the fact still remains that Habs fans are responsible for "potential charges"... just not all of them.

And as far as concussions go, I don't care who you are, if anyone has had any form of a concussion, they know what I mean. I'm not trying to out the Habs or anything, I just want to state facts and imply that there may have been some exaggeration on the injury to help draw a suspension. It wouldn't be the first time, and it will not be the last. This can happen with any person on any club, not just the Habs.

And just to make things clear, when I say exaggeration on his injury, I do not mean for people to take it that he was not injured at all. He clearly had a vertebral fracture (unless I'm mistaken) which is very serious and season ending.
Yes this small group of Habs fans started this process. As for it continuing, once a complaint has been issued to the police, it has to be completed. Which means all participants in the report have to be interviewed.

edit: Once the process starts, the portion of fans that called in. No longer have the ability to stop it.

Fair enough, from reading your post, it seemed like you were grouping us all together.

Again, who are you to judge how a person is supposed to react after receiving a concussion? I've had two concussions from playing hockey as a teen, both diagnosed from a Doctor.

Neither time did I suffer any major problems. I didn't have to sit in a dark room. I was actually able to go back to school the next day with only minor headaches after each one. So was my Doctor full of it, or did I just not suffer symptoms to the same degree that some others do?

Is it possible that the reports were embellished to try and get Chara suspended? Maybe, in doing so, the Doctor(s) responsible would be putting their medical licenses on the line if they were caught. So that's a pretty strong accusation.

Also why embellish the concussion? Wouldn't the fact that Max suffered a "vertebral fracture" be enough?

From the way you worded your post. I know you were talking more about the concussion, and not about the "vertebral fracture" suffered from the hit.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 06-29-2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Added to post.