Thread: Waived: Cam Barker (for buyout)
View Single Post
Old
06-29-2011, 01:09 PM
jh477

vCash: 500
Just a couple short years ago this guy was one of the better Offensive D-men in the league, great on the PP, and a sought after trade target. He really regressed after the trade to Minny. I'm thinking it just wasn't a good fit because of their system. Cam is not anything special in his own zone, something the Wild pride themselves on as a team.

I wonder where he'll end up now. I was going to suggest the Isles but they just got the rights to Ehrhoff yesterday. Having him and a healthy Mark Streit will give them pretty much all the offense they need from the back end. Wouldn't hurt to add a depth offensive guy like Barker though.

I just don't see him getting back to that 40 point form, unless he somehow end up back in Chicago on a cheap deal. Wouldn't be too tough to accomplish considering he'll likely be bought out if he clears waivers and due to that and his limited role last season, he won't ask for much money.

At this point I think Cam just wants to get more playing time, re-establish himself as a good offensive D, and find a team he can call home.

Would Blackhawks fans be ok with him coming back? Assuming it's on a cheaper deal? I'm not sure how much cap room they'll have after signing Sharp but it's something I think should be considered. 40 points in 68 games playing with a similar defense group to what they have now is impressive no matter how much of a liability he may be in his own end.

Maybe I'm promoting him too much, but after my Leafs signed Komisarek to that horrible contract, Barker at 3m or less is a bargain. They're both average in their own end and Cam can actually put up points.

jh477 is offline   Reply With Quote