View Single Post
Old
06-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
If we get Richards, I don't really think that 2011-12 is the year where the Rangers are seriously going to go for it. I think that will begin to happen in 2012-13, when all bad contracts are off the books and some of our top young players will be able to come into the lineup and augment what our veterans are doing. Don't forget that practically every great team in today's NHL has very good young guys on entry level deals as big contributors.
I think if you sign Richards, you go for it when he is at his best, which will probably be the next two years...I honestly think that with Richards to go along with Gaborik, the complimentary forwards (many who are young), and a steady (and fairly young) defense, you only need a guarenteed offensive D-man/PP QB to be a real serious contender to win the East ala Boston this year...Why not go for it rather then counting on the uncertianities of the future?

And believe me, even if the Rangers sign an offensive d-man, guys like Erixon and Valaentko (after proving their mettle like McDonagh did) will get playing time (maybe significant) in the NHL due to injuries and lack of performance...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote