View Single Post
Old
10-19-2003, 01:08 PM
Bolthed

vCash: 500
I'm not a fan of either team, but I am a fan of fair trade values. So here's my .02 cents ...

1. Comrie may have slightly diminished value because of his holdout, but he is still a top-line center with great skill and youth = very valuable.

2. Weiss is very young, may have been rushed into the NHL and, while talented, hasn't shown a whole helluva lot to prove he's going to approach Comrie's production anytime soon.

3. Mezei is young and has potential to be a physical defensive dman, but also has been prone to injury and hasn't proven much in limited action.

Bottom line(s) - I'm not sure Weiss and Mezei is enough to fetch the much more proven Comrie. It's also doubtful Florida can meet Comrie's salary demands without giving up more salary in return. But I'm finding it very hard to come up with a fair trade proposal value-wise simply because Florida doesn't have anything proven that they can deal. Even Weiss + any blueliner not named Bouwmeester isn't quite fair. It would require Edmonton to take completely unproven talents in return for Comrie and IMO they don't have to do that just yet.