View Single Post
Old
06-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Takao
kesbae

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Bonino, in his first pro season after college, played 26 games on a makeshift third line with no real help and went only -3 scoring not a single point. That's actually a pretty impressive feat if you think about it.

1 - That's not a real shot. He deserves at least another 2 years getting AHL training and decent NHL partners before people give up on him.
2 - If nothing else that shows he's not a defensive liability and if nothing else can play a 4th line center role. 4th line centers don't have to be big bruising fighters.....
I'm not saying it was his only shot but when you think about it it was probably his best shot. While he wasn't awful defensively the line just wasn't able to provide support for the top 6. They certainly got their chances but realizing the lack of depth he got changed out and McMillan was noticeably better. Now we have people who will be coming in who are much better than Bonino and we also have prospects like Holland catching up who will be challenging him even more. So I stick with my statement that with no one else except McMillan to challenge him that was probably a good as of a shot as he was going to get. Now it will only get tougher for him.

Also I am not giving up on him.