Old
09-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddycreek
BFD...
Tennessee Tech is ranked among the Top Public Schools in the South and among the top 40 Best Universities-Master's in U.S. News & World Report's 2005 edition of "America's Best Colleges." TTU was also ranked among the Top Public Schools in the South in the 2003 and 2005 college guides. This year, The Princeton Review also listed TTU as "Best Southeastern College."

My pecker is bigger than yours!
TT is ranked among the "top 40 public universities?" So what? Vanderbilt is ranked in the top 20 for ALL UNIVERSITIES in those innane US News and World Reports surveys.

And, btw, when did "US News and World Report" suddenly become the ultimate judge of a university's quality? I remember about 15 years ago when Vandy finished outside the top 25 one year and there was this big stink on campus about it. US News and World Reports publishes that list to sell magazines and it doens't have a bit of validity to it.

I sit on the admissions board for he graduate program here at USC. If you applied with a degree from TN Tech, you wouldn't be able to get in. Its a mediocre public school - not even considered elite in the Nashville area let alone on a national level.
A degree from TN Tech will not get you a good job, admissions to a good graduate school, etc. you are kiding yourself if you think that anybody outside of a small area of TN even knows that school exists.

Seems like you have a bit of "pecker envy" here.