View Single Post
Old
06-29-2011, 09:09 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Every superstar brings financial turmoil. Elite skill usually has a heavy price.
I can see some teams can do it, but I just think how we are structured is a bit of a *****. Some teams have a big gap between super stars and the rest of the team. We have a much more rounded team, the skill is spread out, and then putting a better player right on top of that might just do problems... I hope I worded that right . What I'm saying is, look at Eric Staal. He is a super star, but no one, other than Ward, is being paid near his level. Crosby and Malkin are being paid way more than the others, except for maybe Fluery. If we got Stamkos for like 8M, we also have Briere at 6.5M, Bryz at 5.666M, Timonen at 6.333M and possibly, if Giroux just gets better and so does Schenn, expect them to have even higher pay than now. I'm not saying right now, but for the future, Stamkos will make things difficult for some of our other star players that are currently on the team.

I know some of those numbers will be gone in the future, but 8M for any player can be a bit of a hard thing to work around.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote