View Single Post
Old
06-29-2011, 09:04 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 400
I saw someone's argument that trading Richards would hinder the ability to shut down Crosby. This is ridiculous, Crosby has 62 points in his career against the Flyers, tied for the most vs. any opponent (NYI), he can't be shut down.

But...I'm interested to see what Giroux can to OFFENSIVELY. Assuming they're matched up most of the game, Giroux's offensive abilities (which I think we can all agree are > Richards') should keep Crosby in the defensive zone a bit more often during the games. The longer Croz is playing D, the less time he has to murder us on O.

If the games are in PHI, I'd expect to see the two top lines lock horns. If in PIT, G's line will probably face Staal & co. with the last change.

So to answer the question...I'm hoping Giroux can hold his own defensively, and help the team's cause by being in the offensive zone more often than not. And Couturier sounds like he'll be the shutdown center soon. And i also agree that our shutdown guy this year may be through FA, possibly Madden, maybe a dose of Konopka.

sobrien is online now   Reply With Quote