View Single Post
Old
06-29-2011, 09:38 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
1) I never said it couldnt work, I just dont want a repeat of the past couple years where they dont have space to improve the team each year....As you put it above, it goes with essentially the same roster every year. Not very realistic.
The goal is to keep basically the same core roster every year. If it's not realistic then we're screwed anyway. Let's just give up.

Quote:
2) only $500k in space isnt exactly my desire (not that they wont go that route) I dont want a repeat of having to trade someone for a couple hundred thousand in cap space like with Upshall
It'd be rough this year, but I have to say that our expectations aren't very great this year. Stamkos helps quite a bit, but we're not Cup favorites at the moment.

I'm not saying throw out a year, but this year is going to be the hard part. Moving forward it would get easier and easier as I've demonstrated.

Quote:
3) You are going without Schenn on the roster this year whereas I think it would be a mistake to put him on a horrible Phantoms team. He should be in the NHL. (who knows what they will do)
Last year the Phantoms were missing three things...

1) A real coach who wasn't going to destroy the locker room.
2) A legitimate superstar.

and because they were missing 1 and 2...

3) Confidence.

There is talent and depth in Adirondack. It showed at the end of the season. There's something there to build upon. Schenn can be the guy to help build upon it. I want to see Schenn and Couturier both in the NHL in 2011-12. We're all curious, we're all impatient. Still...why force it?

Quote:
4) Trade Bob, no need for an expensive backup...that helps a bit.
Whatever.

Quote:
5) We are assuming Stamkos is at 8.5...the numbers i have seen today are higher.
Again, then don't sign him. This is all a shot in the dark anyway.

Offer what you can afford. Don't stretch beyond yourself just because you're afraid TBL will match anything lesser.

Don't build your team to their standards; build it to yours. If you can't get Stamkos for what you can afford, then don't get him. Not that big a deal. We start looking toward the future with or without him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan75 View Post
I don't understand why you're assuming there's no bonus cushion after next year, unless you have some inside info on the next CBA.

With a new CBA/extension, and the bonus cushion back in place, Schenn/Couterier goes down to 955,00 (or whatever it is) and that frees up ~4.4M right there. Its not as if Schenn and Couterier are gonna be hitting those hard to reach bonus marks (and if they do, all the better, I'll take a hart trophy from either of them!).

Just sayin its even more affordable with the bonus cushion in place...
Yet another great point.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote