View Single Post
Old
06-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Leetch3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I'm not entirely sure if the head injury he sustained at the end of the 2009-2010 season was a concussion—I know he suffered an injury, but I don't believe it was very serious.
from wikipedia

Quote:
On October 24, 2009, Mike Richards of the Philadelphia Flyers hit Booth high with his shoulder, knocking him unconscious. He was taken off the ice on a stretcher and brought to a Philadelphia hospital. Booth was released from hospital on October 25, having suffered a concussion. David Booth recorded his first Gordie Howe hat trick on March 3, 2010 in a win over the Philadelphia Flyers. On March 25, 2010 Jaroslav Spacek of the Montreal Canadiens hit Booth with his shoulder, knocking him unconscious again after only a month back in action. He was kept overnight in the hospital and released the next morning and thought that he might be able to return back to competition. However, On March 28, it was determined that Booth will sit out the remainder of the season due to more severe symptoms.[1]
so not clear if the spacek hit was a 2nd concussion or if he was still suffering symptoms from the first...but he played like 19 games after returning so i gotta think its 2 concussions.

the fact that he played all 82 games, but the concussions plus 3 more years on his deal does make me pause to think about it