Old
06-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below:Rangers' Balls

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
It's funny, isn't it.

Both guys (Dubi and Cally) bleed Ranger Red, White and Blue. Both players lay their bodies out on the line almost every night and sacrifice themselves. Both players fear no one and always push back, fight back, defende themselves, defend their teammates and go after opponents who take liberties with teammates. Both players put up similar offensive numbers with Dubinsky putting up slightly better offensive points, than Cally. Dubi and Cally are best friends off the ice and on the ice.

But some how the Metrosexual portion of the Rangers' fanbase have a hrad-on for Cally, because they think he's "cute". So Dubi gets pissed on for no reason whatsoever, while Callahan (who is undoubtedly my top two favorite Ranger along with Dubi) gets grossly over-rated and exaggerated.

Welcome to Ranger Land.
Dubi fights a lot more than Callahan too. Cally sometimes drops the gloves, but not much at all. If anyone ****s with the Rangers, you can bet Dubi will (at least try) to kick his ass. I completely agree with the Callahan being overrated by rangers fans part, and it really annoys me that people do this because it forces me to knock Callahan when I really do like the kid. I was real excited about him back when he was lighting it up in Hartford, I was telling people he was going to be a real player for us. But this push to make him into a god right now is really annoying, especially since part of that movement also seems to want to make Dubi into the devil at worst or just another nothing special player at best.

I've said this before but I think it makes the point well. A team of Dubinskys beats a team of Callahans every time. At the end of the day the most important thing a forward could do is create offense, and Dubi is much better in that area than Callahan.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote