Old
06-30-2011, 06:15 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Let's also not forget a comparable big-time addition that the Sabres made only 15 months before LaFontaine: Hawerchuk in June 1990. Just as Buffalo won the sweepstakes for LaFontaine amongst a lot of competition, there were rumors about the Jets trading Ducky for months before the '90 draft - and tons of teams rumored to want him yet Buffalo won that derby as well.
An exciting offseason? The last one was when we got Drury and that, obviously, was a much more subdued affair where fans were certainly not this excited about the upcoming season (I had an abnormally great feeling about it all).

To be talking about these times in this context rather than mere fondness is almost too much. Tears of joy threatening around Sabres Nation. Obviously we had two really good teams in the past decade+, both with legit Cup chances, but that team -- best as I can truly remember having been a child at the time -- was something else. Second-most star power in Sabres history? I'll defer to the Day 1 fans on that one.

Last edited by Rob Paxon: 06-30-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote