View Single Post
Old
06-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Wetcoaster

vCash: 500
Andrew Alberts knows his role on the Canucks and never wanted to test free agency to go to another team where he might have bigger role.
“I didn't even think about July 1,” Alberts said Wednesday after his deal was announced. “I've been here for a year and a half and it's been, by far, the best team I've been on, the best organization, the best coaches I've had thus far, teammates and everything. I always wanted to come back to Vancouver.”
“I'm glad the Canucks wanted to get a deal done and I'm glad it worked out the way it did,” said the Minnesota native, who turns 30 Thursday. (Happy birthday, Andrew!) “I'm excited to be back. As for playing time, that's up to the coaches and the GM and what-not. I just want to work as hard as I can and get as much ice time as I can.”
And according to Assistant GM Laurence Gilman who echoes what GMMG has said in the past:
“Andrew is big and he's strong, he has a long reach and he can kill penalties,” Gilman said. “When you look historically at the injuries on the blue line that are sustained by this club year after year after year, we just really felt you can't have enough guys who can play in the National Hockey League — and Andrew fits that bill.”
http://www.vancouversun.com/business...#ixzz1Qm0q5qKj

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote