View Single Post
Old
06-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
No, it screams that his conditioning was an issue, as well as him adjusting to the NHL game. He's never played a full season with all the physicality. Stepan wore down at the end of the season, but you don't see anyone out there saying he won't make it cause he wasn't as good at the end of the season.

And those 42 games McIlrath played in the NHL last season were very impressive
I don't really agree with the conditioning thing. First of all, Stepan played twice as many games (100% more) against professionals than he did against college players while MZA played 23 more games (41% more) against professionals as he did against other, lesser, professionals. So they're not really apples to apples. Secondly, my observations of the way MZAs season ended mean more to me than meaningless player comparisons. Thirdly, Stepan still found a way to be effective despite being worn down. If that's MZA's problem, he did not do as good of a job with it.

And the fact that MZA has played in the NHL doesn't make him a better prospect than McIlrath. Why did the majority of people voting choose Kreider over McDonagh?