View Single Post
Old
06-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
no team was going to give us anything for him at $4mil, plus he has the MNC.this is a win-win.

we save 1.3 million, JP can now try to make a deal for a much lower salary at a destination he would be willing to go to.

**** Burrows, i hope he never even sniffs a Cup again..

edit: you also almost have to believe that buying out dumont means poile is fairly confident he wont be losing all our RFAs
The ideal situation (other than if Burrows wasn't spawned by Satan in the first place and JP would therefore been more likely to perform up to his contract) would have been a trade for anything, but of course Poile gave him the NMC so that's what we got stuck with. I was fine with the contract at the time with the exception of the NMC which ultimately nixed getting any future return in JP.

Nonetheless, when JP was healthy and fit the structure of the team, I really enjoyed his time in Nashville...his off-ice contributions obviously "top shelf" as well.

Between Sully and JP, I've got to think that JP has the best chance of landing on his feet with another team, and if it's the right system and situation, no doubt he'll be able to be a fairly significant contributor for another couple of years and at a much better price.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote