Thread: Proposal: Toronto-Nashville
View Single Post
Old
06-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Rainman2408

vCash: 500
Personally I don't see what all the hype about Ellis is. Truthfully I'm not sure he will become an NHL regular. While granted the kid has some amazing offensive ability. He really is a defensive liability and obviously small. Please STOP the comparisons to Boyle, Timo and Rafalski. granted they are small and can produce offensively but that's about where the buck stops in terms of similarities. I think alot of you on here really underestimate how bad his skating is. While it's fine playing against boys in the O it will need to improve by MILES if he ever wants to land a permanent spot with any NHL club. Timo and Boyle are tough as nails and very strong on their skates. Ellis lacks both of those qualities which doesn't bode well for a little dude.

Don't get me wrong I'm pulling for him and wish him the best. Wouldn't want to trade for him though. LOL @ guys saying Mac has only produced one year. While this is true he has held a regular spot in the NHL and plays quite effectively in other areas no just offensive output. Far more then I can say for a young ryan ellis

Rainman2408 is offline   Reply With Quote