View Single Post
Old
06-30-2011, 01:53 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
I would say that several Ranger draftees were more talented than Kreider. Look at Marc Savard. He was known as a tremendous offensive talent when he was drafted. Even Dube was probably more offensively talented than Kreider, and he would have had a good NHL career had he played before the first lockout or after the second one. The intra-lockout era was terrible for players like Dube.

Brendl was also very talented, just lazy. You talk about a guy who had 73 goals in 68 games as a 17-year-old.

Even among our current crop of players, I would say that Thomas has a higher upside than Kreider, he's just a much higher risk. But to me, Thomas has star potential whereas Kreider has the potential to be another Dubinsky-quality (not style) borderline 1-2 line wing.

Among our current prospects,
No, again, no one of the players you've mentioned has the physical gifts that Kreider has. 6'2", 215 already with his skating ability, strength and already an NHL caliber shot. Pavel Brendl wasn't an athlete. Kreider is an athlete. Kreider's built like he could play any sport he wanted. You'd have to go back to Kovalev with this kind of athletic ability.