Old
06-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
When I hear corsi 👇

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Henrik is an elite regular season goalie and one of the top 3 or 4 in the league but until he wins a Vezina or gets past the 2nd round he can never be considered the best goalie in the NHL.

Still, it makes you wonder how good his stats would be if he played on a contending team like Washington or Philly or Detroit

Bullseye! Agree with you wholeheartedly about Hank, has had elite regular season #'s for 6 seasons but until the day comes that he carries this or another team(yes, I feel his best shot at a cup will be with a better team) on his back for a playoff game let alone an entire series, there is no way he can be considered the best goalie in the game.

Also, his style of play is not conducive to a long career and so I believe his window with the rangers is no more than 3-5 yrs max. I love Hank's competitiveness but the truth is his game hasn't really improved all that much since his rookie season. Here's hoping our crackerjack GM gets his **** together for what will probably be his last 3 yrs as GM here and makes some bold moves(NO!, signing Richards tomw to a contract for 7-8 yrs at 7-8 mil per is hardly what I would classify as a bold move) to make this team good enough to make a run in the playoffs.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote